Corns give us tremendous discomfort, and therefore the question how to get rid of corns and how to make legs beautiful when they appear is extremely acute. And to answer this question, we will look at what a callus is, what types of calluses are, how to prevent and treat calluses.
Corn - This is a coarsened skin area that occurs with constant mechanical action. The surface of the corns can be smooth, rough or cracked. The shape is convex or flat. Coloring is yellow-brown. In the hardened area, sensitivity is reduced. But when inflammation, pressure or deep cracks appear painful. Corns can be dry or wet, thin or thick.
Most often the corns are on the heels or on the toes, if sweating is increased, or you improperly care for the skin. First there is redness, swelling and pain. If the mechanical action on the skin is not eliminated, a bubble with a clear liquid is formed. Sometimes blood is visible in the corn fluid. Callus is usually more painful than water.
The corn that forms on the joint of the big toe is called Bunion. The reason for her appearance is cramped and uncomfortable shoes. Such a corn, gradually increasing, begins to hurt badly. From this corn no creams will help. To get rid of corn bunion, you can only change shoes or do surgery.
Callus on the heel (spur) - These are spinous growths on the surfaces of the foot bones. Most heel spurs are in people who are overweight, flat-footed, with diseases of large joints of the lower extremities or the spine. If the corn has a vertical rod, then it is rarely possible to remove it. If such corns are close to the nerve endings, then they cause severe pain and discomfort.
Cause misery and plantar calluses. They have a yellowish color, sometimes white spots appear on them, such corns are thick and when walking a person feels a burning sensation. If there are such corns, then the legs quickly get tired when walking. These corns are more likely to occur in people who suffer from flat feet. Often on the soles occur natoptysh or dry calluses, which cause a burning sensation in the foot and interfere with walking.
We must remember that the appearance of corns is easier to prevent than to heal. Buy comfortable soft shoes made of leather or other material, using our tips in the article how to choose shoes. If you walk a lot, do foot baths with sea salt, wipe the soles with petroleum jelly, wipe the skin between your fingers carefully. If the skin between the fingers is dry, there will be no diaper rash, which means no calluses and fungal diseases will appear.
Do not postpone the visit to the doctor if you have:
- there were pains in calluses;
- corns have appeared in case of diabetes or in the presence of vascular disorders;
- redness appeared in the area of corn;
- bleeding and cracks appeared;
- The corn has a bluish color.
Remember that sometimes in contact with dirt, corns can give complications. In case of suppuration, a visit to the doctor is a must.
Traditional medicine offers a large number remedies for calluses. In the process of treatment of corns it is necessary to abandon citrus, alcohol, coffee, sugar. Such measures will help maintain the balance of minerals in the body and help get rid of the corn.
To preventive and curative remedies for calluses include drugs that contain mineral and paraffin oils. These are ointments, patches, a protective helium ring on a finger and a protective helium pad under the fingers.
To remedies for corns include salicylic acid ointment, lanolin, pine rosin and other components. Apply the composition to strips of cloth, put the cloth on the corn, and cover with a protective layer of cellophane.
With burst water callus Wash the wound with hydrogen peroxide, and apply a dressing with syntomycin emulsion. It is impossible to cut off the burst skin, it is a protection against infection. The dressing must be changed in the morning and evening. In case of abrasions and water calluses, the affected place must not be glued with a plaster, including a bactericidal one. Under the patch creates a greenhouse effect, and the pathogens begin to multiply rapidly. In this case, use the green, Karavaeva balsam or sea buckthorn oil.
There is a lot and folk remedies for the treatment of corns.
- Rub the corn with the juice of the wine berries or garlic.
- In the evening, add a cut leaf of aloe to the corn. Glue it with adhesive tape or secure with a bandage. During the night the corn will soften and it can be cleaned with a special saw.
- Do a pedicure at home, steam the leg, tie a lemon rind with pulp to the corns. Two or three times repeat the procedure. Then steam the leg and gently remove the callus.
- Corn is also quickly removed from the overlay of fresh resin of any coniferous tree - turpentine. Corn steamed and fixed sap with adhesive tape, change the bandage in a day.
- Baths with soda will help if you repeat them 8-10 times. Pour one liter of warm water into the basin, dissolve one teaspoonful of baking soda. Dip the feet for 15-20 minutes into this solution, then wipe the hardened areas of skin with a special hard brush or pumice. Rinse your feet with warm water, wipe dry with a towel and lubricate with nourishing cream “Effect”.
- You can use propolis. Make a warm bath for 10-15 minutes, wipe the skin dry and apply a heated piece of propolis on the corn, fix it with adhesive tape or bandage. Repeat this procedure three times and remove the softened callus.
- Try, as much as possible, to do without shoes for any kind of corns. Wear soft and comfortable shoes at work. Rid your legs of suffering!
SER_ALEX for women's online magazine