Shchi is a Russian dish with a rich history. You can cook the soup in different variations: with fresh or sour cabbage, with beans and mushrooms. The soup is traditionally prepared in broth, but you can make a delicious soup without meat. Lenten soup like the one who is fasting or dieting.
Lean cabbage soup from fresh cabbage
Lenten cabbage soup made from fresh cabbage is a tasty, bright and rich first course, for the preparation of which simple products are needed. Read the below step by step recipe.
- 4 potatoes;
- half a twig of cabbage;
- ground pepper and salt;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- several peppercorns;
- 3 bay leaves;
- water or vegetable broth;
- bunch of greens.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes, chop the cabbage.
- Fry the potatoes with cabbage and put them in a saucepan.
- Fill with vegetable broth or water. Boil for 20 minutes.
- Crush the onion, chop and discard the tomato. Grate carrots.
- Chop greens and garlic.
- Fry vegetables with garlic and herbs in oil, salt, add ground pepper.
- Put the broth into the broth, add peppercorns, and laurel leaves.
- Cook lean cabbage soup over low heat for another 20 minutes. At the end of cooking, salt the soup, add a clove of garlic, cut along.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped greens before serving.
Make sure that the potatoes in the broth are not boiled soft. Ready lean fresh soup must be brewed for several hours after cooking, then the soup will be tastier.
Lean cabbage soup with mushrooms and beans
In the recipe of meat soup with mushrooms, you can use fresh or dried mushrooms. Forest, champignons or oyster mushrooms will do.
- a glass of beans;
- 4 potatoes;
- two carrots;
- celery stalk;
- 300 g of mushrooms;
- three liters of water;
- 5 tbsp. l oils rast .;
- 5 peppercorns;
Stages of cooking:
- Soak the beans for a few hours or overnight in cold water. If you use dried mushrooms to make meatless soup with mushrooms, soak them too.
- Boil the beans until half cooked.
- 40 minutes, cook the mushrooms and then cut into slices.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes, finely chop the carrots and onion.
- Put the potatoes in water and boil.
- Fry the carrots with onions and add to the potatoes.
- After 4 minutes, add beans with mushrooms to the soup, cook for 10 minutes.
- Chop the cabbage thinly and place in the broth with vegetables. Also add spices: bay leaves and peppercorns. Salt it.
- Boil soup for another 20 minutes. Add chopped greens.
Soups are low-fat and at the same time very nourishing, thanks to beans and mushrooms, which contain vegetable protein.
Lean cabbage soup with sauerkraut
Thick, lean cabbage soup made from sauerkraut is an excellent dish for a tasty and satisfying lunch during fasting.
- a pound of cabbage;
- one and a half liters of water;
- two bay leaves;
- fresh herbs;
- 7 peppercorns;
- tablespoon tomato paste;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of oil grows .;
- two art. spoons of flour.
Preparation step by step:
- Chop the onion, grate the carrot.
- Fry the vegetables in oil.
- Chop the cabbage and place in boiling salted water. Add the paste. Boil for half an hour.
- Put in the soup spices, salt. If sour, add a spoonful of sugar.
- Prepare a flour dressing. Pour 2 tablespoons of oil on a dry frying pan and heat. Then pour the flour.
- Fry the flour, stirring constantly, until creamy. Pour in a little broth from soup, so that the dressing is homogeneous.
- Pour the dressing into the boiling soup. Stir. Soup will be thicker. Add chopped greens.
- Schi leave to brew for 20 minutes.
If the cabbage is too sour, wash it in running water.