Who in childhood did not weave wreaths from this yellow spring flower, like a carpet covering the earth with the first rays of the sun? Dandelion is not only pleasant in appearance, but also very useful, and all, from the flowers to the roots.
The last soldiers fighting the Nazis, used as a substitute for coffee, and the leaves of this plant could not be better suited for making salad.
From the flowers you can make a delicious and healing delicacy, which has no contraindications and can be used as a dessert by all.
Bright Dandelion Jam Recipe
As already mentioned, in the manufacture of jam, bright yellow inflorescences are used, which can be used as is - along with the green pedicel, and you can remove it and pre-wash it, and soak the little yellow petals.
What is needed for dandelion flower jam:
- flowers themselves in the amount of 370-400 pieces;
- simple clean water of 2 tbsp .;
- sand sugar size 7 st.
Stages of cooking:
- Rinse the flowers, flood them with water and set the container on the stove.
- Wait until the surface is covered with characteristic bubbles, and simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Throw flowers on a sieve and squeeze.
- Pour sugar sand into the decoction and put the container back on the stove.
- Boil down for 7 minutes, and then spread on previously sterilized glass containers and roll up.
The photo shows that the dandelion jam obtained according to this recipe becomes incredibly beautiful with a bright amber tint.
Recipe for delicious dandelion flower jam
Sweetness to tea from this yellow iridescent color is often prepared with the addition of seasonings, spices and citrus fruits. It enriches the taste and adds new notes to the flavor of the finished product, making it even more attractive for sweet teeth.
What you need for dandelion flower jam:
- full 2.5-liter capacity of flowers;
- ripe lemons - 2 pcs .;
- 12 pieces of cherry leaves;
- simple clean water of size 6;
- 1.6 kg sugar sand
Step-by-step recipe for rainbow dandelion jam:
- Wash off the dust from the flowers, dry them and add to them the lemons, crushed in a gruel, without pits.
- Submerge in water and hoist on the stove, throwing cherry leaves.
- Boil down for 10 minutes, and then remove from the stove and leave to infuse for 24 hours.
- Filter, pour in sugar and boil for another hour, and then distribute in sterilized glass containers and roll up.
All photos of dandelion jams attract attention with their pleasant golden color. Such a dessert and guests are not ashamed to serve, besides not everyone had the opportunity to taste such a dish before. Good luck!