Blueberries, so named because of the color in the process of eating hands and mouth in a characteristic blue color, have a lot of useful properties and are very valuable to humans.
Berry strengthens eyesight, acts as prevention of cardiovascular diseases, improves the ability to remember information and improves immunity. If you occasionally got some blueberries, you can make delicious and healing jam from it.
Classic Blueberry Jam
Jam of ripe blueberries can be prepared in different ways, adding at the request of other berries and fruits, spices, citrus juice. In addition, you can cook it in the form of jelly, and also to ensure that the berries were in syrup as a whole. It all depends on your own desires and preferences.
What you need:
- the berry itself;
- half the amount of sugar.
Stages of cooking blueberry jam:
- Berry should be filled with water. This will reduce the time of cooking delicious treats, because all the garbage and spoiled berries will float to the surface and they can be removed without going through all the blueberries.
- Drain the water, fill the container with sand of sugar and set aside for a couple of hours.
- When enough juice appears, attach the container to the stove and begin to reduce its contents for about 25 minutes, remembering to remove the foam.
- Prepack jam in sterile glass containers, put them in a container with water, cover with lids, and simmer on extremely slow fire for another 5-10 minutes.
- After rolling, wrap and leave to cool for a day. Then store it in a suitable place.
Lingonberry is a wild berry and is able to perfectly complement blueberries that have already become popular. The combination of these two berries, unsurpassed in taste and healing properties, gives an excellent result that all your relatives will surely like.
What you need for jam from blueberries and lingonberries:
- 0.5 kilogram of both berries;
- sand sugar measure 0.5 kg;
- simple clean water - 1 cup.
A simple recipe for healing blueberry jam with the addition of lingonberries:
- Freshly or thawed berries to sort, remove all trash and unwanted items and wash.
- Grind berries by means of a meat grinder, fill with sugar and attach the container to the stove.
- Boil down to full readiness. It is easy to determine if you drop a little treat on a flat surface. Integrity droplets confirm readiness.
- Prepack dessert in prepared containers and roll up.
Original recipe for blueberry jam
Cooking blueberry jam can be one that will increase its healing qualities several times. This is achieved through the inclusion of alcohol and honey in the delicacy.
The latter replaces sugar in blueberry jam.
What you need:
- berry itself measure 1 kg;
- honey measure 1 full glass;
- any rum in the amount of 2 tbsp. l
- Bilberry busting, rinse with clean water, drain the water and knead a little, so that it runs the juice.
- Set the tank on the stove and start to boil down.
- As soon as it boils, add a spoonful of honey, wait until the surface foams in a characteristic way and pour in a spoonful of honey again. Do this until the entire glass is moved to the saucepan.
- Pour in rum, boil for 5 minutes and start rolling.
These are different, but very tasty options for making jam from fragrant and healing blueberries. It is worth trying and recommending dessert to your friends and acquaintances. Good luck!