Strawberry jam is customary to cook for the winter. Observing the rules of selection and processing of berries, applying the necessary utensils, jam will turn out particularly tasty and will be stored for a long time. Dessert preserves nutritional value and a set of vitamins, subject to the technology of preparation.
In past centuries, the jam was not cooked, but tomili was cooked for 2-3 days in the oven; it turned out thick and concentrated. Cooked without sugar, because the product was available only to rich people.
Strawberries are prepared from jam with whole berries, halved or crushed to a puree state.
Quick-cooked strawberry jam with whole berries
Strawberry jam is one of the first to open the season. To prepare, select ripe, but not overripe berries, so that they retain their shape during cooking. Strawberries should be washed, changing the water several times.
The amount of sugar for jam is taken in a 1: 1 ratio - for one part of the berries - one part of the sugar. Depending on your needs, the rate of sugar can be reduced.
Cooking time - 1 hour.
Yield - 1.5-2 liters.
- strawberry - 8 stack;
- sugar - 8 stack;
- water - 150-250 ml;
- citric acid - 1-1.5 tsp
- Pour water into the container, add half of the sugar and let it boil. Stir so that the sugar does not burn and dissolve.
- Place half the prepared strawberries in the boiling syrup, add citric acid. When cooking, stir the jam, preferably with a wooden spoon.
- When the mass boils, add the remaining sugar and strawberries, boil for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the foam that forms on top of the boiling jam.
- Set the dishes aside from the stove, pour the jam into sterilized and dry jars.
- Instead of lids, you can cover the jars with thick paper and tie them up with a string.
- Suitable storage space for blanks is a cool basement or veranda.
Classic strawberry jam with whole berries
Jam from the berries of the first collection turns out to be tastier, as the berries are stronger, do not spread in syrup. If you have strawberries juicy, then for these berries syrup is not necessary to cook. When insisting berries with sugar, they themselves will start up the required amount of juice.
This recipe for strawberry jam with whole berries was cooked by our mothers in Soviet times. In winter, this treasure in a jar gave the whole family a piece of warm summer.
Cooking time - 12 hours.
Output - 2-2.5 liters.
- fresh strawberries - 2 kg;
- sugar - 2 kg;
- Put the clean and dry berries in a deep aluminum bowl.
- Pour strawberries with sugar, soak overnight.
- Bring the future jam to a boil. Stir to prevent the strawberries from burning, and use a divider for the fire.
- Boil down for half an hour over low heat.
- In sterilized jars pour ready hot jam.
- Cork the lids, cover with a blanket - the jam itself is removed.
Strawberry Jam with Red Currant Juice
When ripe, strawberry or strawberry of medium and late varieties, red currant spice. Currant juice is rich in pectin, which gives a jelly-like consistency of jam.
Jams turn out similar to jelly, with wonderful aroma of red currant.
For conservation, you need to rinse the fruit as best you can. Badly washed berries - the cause of the swelling of the lids and souring of jam.
Cooking time - 7 hours.
Yield - 2 liters.
- red currant - 1 kg;
- strawberries - 2 kg;
- sugar - 600 gr.
- The berries of red currants and strawberries are sorted, peeled from the stalks and rinsed thoroughly, let them drain.
- Squeeze juice out of currants, mix sugar and juice and simmer over syrup.
- Strawberry berries pour currant syrup, put the container on a small fire. Boil in 2-3 approaches for 15-20 minutes, with an interval of 2-3 hours, until the jam thickens.
- Pour into prepared jars, roll up and put in storage.
Strawberry jam with honeysuckle in its own juice
Honeysuckle - for some housewives a new berry, but every year wins a lot of fans. It ripens early, in the end of May - the beginning of June, during the period of mass gathering of strawberries. Honeysuckle berries are useful and fragrant. They also have a gelling property.
Cooking time - 13 hours.
Output - 1-1.5 liters.
- honeysuckle - 500 g;
- sugar - 700 g;
- fresh strawberries - 1000 gr.
- Cover sugar with strawberries. Place in a dark and cool place for 1/2 day.
- Drain the strawberry juice in a separate dish and boil.
- In steamed half-liter jars lay layers of strawberries and fresh honeysuckle, then pour the syrup.
- Sterilize the jars in boiling water over low heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Roll up with metal lids, turn upside down and let cool under a warm blanket.
Whole strawberry jam with barberry and mint
Jam from fruits and berries is prepared with the addition of mint leaves, the taste of the delicacy is rich and slightly refreshing. It is better to use fresh mint garden, lemon or pepper. Barberry is sold in dried form, as the berry ripens later than strawberries.
When boiling sweet pieces, use copper cookware, aluminum or stainless steel. For greater reliability, it is better to sterilize jars before rolling in hot water for 30 minutes. Check the cans for tightness of the closure, lay it on its side and check for any leakages.
Cooking time - 16 hours.
Yield - 1.5-2 liters.
- dried barberries - 0.5 cups;
- mint green - 1 bunch;
- sugar - 2 kg;
- strawberries - 2.5 kg;
- Pour with sugar washed and dried strawberries. Insist berries 6-8 hours.
- Boil the jam. Barberry wash, combine with strawberry jam.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Allow to cool and repeat the boiling.
- Pour the hot mass into clean sterilized jars. On the bottom and top, lay three leaves of washed mint and roll up hermetically.
Enjoy your meal!