Psoriasis is a skin disease that manifests as plaques on the elbows, knees and scalp. Psoriasis is not contagious. Neuroses, hormonal disorders and metabolic disorders contribute to its appearance.
Taking vitamins for psoriasis relieves the symptoms of the disease. Symptoms of psoriasis suggest a lack of a vitamin in the body:
- A - retinol;
- D - "vitamin of the sun";
- B1, B6, B12, B15;
- E - tocopherol.
Vitamins and dosage prescribed by a doctor.
What vitamins are not enough for psoriasis
Vitamin A - Retinol
Restores skin cells. Effective for the treatment of skin diseases - acne, skin rash, psoriasis. Retinol helps damaged skin to heal quickly and stimulates collagen production.
Vitamin A contain:
- green and orange vegetables and fruits;
- berries - fresh sea buckthorn, ripe sweet cherry, rosehip berries;
- dairy products;
- liver - beef, pork and chicken.
With a deficiency of vitamin A, the World Health Organization recommends taking it in tablets together with products containing retinol.
"Vitamin Sun" under the influence of sunlight on the skin, vitamin D is produced in the body from sterols of skin cells. Vitamin D3 in psoriasis reduces the scaling of the skin. For the treatment of skin diseases, vitamin is used externally, in the form of an ointment with vitamin D for psoriasis - Calcipotriol.
Vitamin D helps the body absorb phosphorus, calcium and magnesium, which are needed to strengthen bones, teeth and nails.
Sources of vitamin D:
- milk and dairy products - butter, cheese;
- egg yolk;
- fish oil and fatty fish - salmon, tuna, herring;
- cod liver, beef liver;
- potatoes and parsley;
For the production of vitamin D you need to walk in sunny weather.
Vitamins of group B
Vitamin B1 regenerates skin cells, promoting healing of damaged areas. For the treatment of psoriasis, vitamin B1 is injected intramuscularly or diluted and consumed orally. Rich sources of thiamine and B vitamins are brewer's yeast, bran, wheat germ and liver.
Vitamin B6 activates the metabolism of proteins and fats. In addition, pyridoxine dissolves oxalic acid formed during the breakdown of food. With an excess of oxalic acid in the body, sand and kidney stones are formed. Vitamin B6 is a natural diuretic. Sources of vitamin B6:
- vegetables - potatoes, cabbage, carrots;
- dry beans and wheat germ;
- bran and grains;
- beef liver, pork, cod liver and pollock;
- raw egg yolk, yeast.
Vitamin B6 in psoriasis removes toxins and harmful substances from the body.
Vitamin B12 has a beneficial effect on the nervous system and blood formation. Cyanocobalamin is involved in the division of skin cells, blood, immune cells. Vitamin B12 works effectively with the use of other B vitamins. Sources rich in vitamin B12 include beef and calf liver, dairy products, seaweed, yeast and liver pate.
Vitamin B15 normalizes the level of oxygen in the skin cells. Thanks to oxygen, the skin cells regenerate faster, skin recovery is more efficient, the skin looks better.
Sources of vitamin B15 are buckwheat, oatmeal, yeast, liver, seafood. The medicine in pills - Calcium Pangamat - contains vitamin B15, which is necessary for the treatment of psoriasis.
It helps in the treatment of skin diseases. Vitamin E with psoriasis accelerates the renewal of skin cells and helps to heal damaged tissues quickly. Vitamin E is available in ampoules, in the form of an oily solution for ingestion. For the treatment of psoriasis is recommended to use vitamin E with vitamin A in the form of capsules "Aevit".
Natural sources of vitamin E:
- nuts - walnuts, almonds, peanuts;
- cucumbers, radishes, green onions;
- wild rose and raspberry leaves.
Effective multivitamin complexes for psoriasis:
- "Aevit" - for the treatment of psoriasis, it is recommended to combine the intake of vitamin E with vitamin A, for effective repair and renewal of skin cells. Capsules "Aevit" contain the rate of vitamins A and E, necessary for humans.
- "Dekamevit" - reduces skin rash in psoriasis, regenerates skin cells, activates metabolic processes in skin tissues. Vitamins A and C, vitamins of group B, folic acid, methionine. The drug can cause allergies, so allergy sufferers when prescribing psoriasis treatment should warn the doctor about allergies.
- Undevit - A beneficial effect on the body in the treatment of psoriasis. Contains all the necessary vitamins for psoriasis - A, C, and E, group B, nicotinic acid, rutin. The use of the drug normalizes the renewal of skin cells, reduces unpleasant symptoms and discomfort during the treatment of psoriasis. The drug is contraindicated in ulcers of the stomach and pancreas, liver disease, intolerance to the components of the drug.
- "Revit" - has a tonic effect in the treatment of psoriasis and supports immunity. The preparation contains vitamins A, C, B1 and B2. Not assigned to children under 12 years old, with kidney and endocrine diseases, fructose intolerance. May cause side effects - indigestion, arrhythmia.
Drinking vitamins for psoriasis should be prescribed by a doctor and in accordance with the treatment regimen.
Prick vitamins in psoriasis is necessary only after consulting a doctor.
Can there be a surplus of vitamins
With a properly selected treatment for psoriasis and doses of vitamins that do not exceed the daily need of the body, there will not be an overabundance of vitamins.
The attending physician takes into account the characteristics of the patient, prescribes tests and prescribes treatment only after the examination. If you experience allergic reactions and deterioration of health, immediately consult a doctor.
During a consultation with your doctor, tell us about chronic diseases, individual intolerance to drugs and components, as well as allergies.