Shulum is a favorite dish of hunters and Cossacks who cooked it long since hunting or hiking. This is a fat, rich soup of meat with coarsely chopped vegetables, herbs and spices.
You can cook this soup at home, but earlier the dish was cooked on a fire. Shulum is prepared from different varieties of meat and even fish. The most popular is mutton shulum.
This is an appetizing "masculine" soup with lamb and vegetables. Calories - 615 kcal. It turns out five servings. It will take 3 hours to cook.
- a kilo of lamb on the bone;
- 4 liters of water;
- five potatoes;
- three onions;
- five tomatoes;
- 2 sweet peppers;
- salt pepper;
- spoon art. basil, thyme and jeera;
- 1 hot pepper.
- Wash the meat with water and put on fire. After boiling, cook for another two hours. Be sure to remove the foam.
- Pull the meat out, separate it from the bone and put it back in the cauldron.
- Finely chop the onions, dice the tomatoes into cubes.
- Cut the peppers into thin strips.
- Add vegetables to the broth.
- Peel the eggplants, cut, add to the soup.
- Put the peeled potatoes in shulum whole.
- Add hot pepper and spices. Salt to taste.
- Boil another 25 minutes until the vegetables are ready.
- Cover the soup and leave to infuse.
Before serving, add greens to your homemade lamb shulum.
Mutton Shulum on a fire
The unique aroma and special flavor gives the soup the smell of a fire. Beer is added to the recipe of lamb shulum on the fire. It will take an hour and a half to cook lamb shulum.
- one and a half kg. lamb;
- two bulbs;
- five tomatoes;
- Bulgarian pepper;
- cabbage - 300 g;
- 9 potatoes;
- liter of beer;
- 4 garlic cloves;
- spices and greens.
The calorie content of mutton mutton at the stake is 1040 kcal.
Stages of cooking:
- Heat the cauldron with butter and fry the meat. Add spices.
- Pepper, onions and carrots chop.
- When crusting meat, add vegetables.
- Put chopped cabbage in a cauldron when vegetables are roasted. At this stage of cooking, turn down the heat to make the soup cooked over the coals.
- Cut the tomatoes into medium slices and add to the cauldron. Pour in water to cover all the ingredients. Boil until soft cabbage.
- When the broth is boiling, add potatoes, cut into large pieces into the soup and boil shulum with lamb until vegetables are ready.
- Remove the ready shulum from the fire, add spices, squeezed garlic and chopped greens.
- Leave shulum infuse for half an hour under the lid.
Shulum from lamb in Uzbek style
Different nationalities have their own version of shulum. Below is described an interesting and tasty Uzbek shuluma recipe. Calorie dishes - 600 kcal. Mutton shulum is cooked for about three hours. It turns out five servings.
- a kilo of lamb;
- three potatoes;
- two carrots;
- two sweet peppers;
- 4 bulbs;
- half of hot red pepper;
- 4 tomatoes;
- cabbage - half head;
- fat - 150 g .;
- ground black and red pepper;
- three bay leaves;
- juniper berries - 8 pcs .;
- nutmeg nut - ¼ tsp;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
Preparation step by step:
- In the cauldron heated on a fire put fat. When the fat is melted, remove the bacon.
- Cut the bulb into half rings, carrot into large circles.
- Cut the potatoes, tomatoes and peppers into large pieces. Cut cabbage into chunks.
- In fat, fry the meat until crusting.
- Add the onion, then after 5 minutes the carrot, after 8 minutes - pour the ingredients in with water.
- Salt, add hot pepper, spices, except bay leaf, berries and spices.
- Reduce heat when the soup boils and remove the froth.
- Cook the soup for 2.5 hours.
- In the broth, add potatoes with pepper.
- Boil for 15 minutes, then add the cabbage, tomatoes and bay leaves.
- After some time, increase the fire under the cauldron so that the shulum boils.
- Add chopped garlic and herbs.
- Cover the soup with a lid and remove from heat. Leave for half an hour to insist.
Tomatoes are first placed in boiling water: the peel is easier to come off. You can use fat instead of fat.