During the 3 long summer months, children, regardless of who and where they are with, get used to a free sleep and rest regime, when you can go to bed after midnight, rest in the morning and eat normal food only during the breaks between games. Naturally, the beginning of the school year is becoming a cultural and physical shock for children: no one can quickly restructure. As a result - lack of sleep, headaches, unwillingness to go to school and so on.
To avoid such overloads, you should start preparing for the school year long before September 1. Especially if the child goes to school for the first time.
- How to prepare a child for school morally?
- The mode of the day and food in preparation for school
- Homework for the summer and the repetition of the material
How to prepare your child for school morally - we are setting up a new school year together!
Is it necessary or not necessary to prepare the child for school? Contrary to the opinion of some careless parents, definitely need it! Unless, of course, the physical and moral health of the child is important to you.
Timely preparation will help to avoid those popular problems, which haunt the entire September of children who immediately stepped into the school from a free, modeless summer.
It is recommended to begin such training at least 2 (and preferably three) weeks before the school line.
- Eliminate interference. Not all children rush to school. It happens that for a child it is a reason to remember the problems that he will face again in the school year (lack of self-confidence, incomplete mathematics, the first unrequited love, etc.). All these issues should be addressed in advance so that the child does not have fears about the school.
- We hang a cheerful calendar with a countdown - "until September 1 - 14 days." Let him write about his achievements for the day on every piece of paper that the child will tear off and fold into a daddy - “read the story to the school”, “began to get up an hour earlier”, “did the exercises” and so on. Such a calendar will quietly help you tune your child to school mode.
- Create a mood. Remember that it is your child who loves in school more than anything else and focus on that. Prepare him for new achievements, communication with friends, obtaining new interesting knowledge.
- Create a schedule. Summer habits time to change. Together with your child, think about what time to leave to rest, and what time - to repeat materials passed over the past year or to prepare for new ones, which - to sleep, what - to walk and play, and what - to exercise (you also need to prepare for exercise !) The hand must have forgotten how to write in beautiful handwriting, and some columns disappeared from the multiplication table in memory. It's time to tighten all the "weaknesses."
- Empty pastime (useless games on the computer and tomfoolery on the playground) are replaced by useful family walks - excursions, trips, visits to zoos, theaters and so on. After each walk, make sure you make a beautiful presentation with your child (on paper or in a program) about the wonderful day spent together. Give the child a camera - let him take the best moments of your family cultural vacation.
- We buy school uniforms, shoes and stationery. All children, without exception, love these moments of preparation for school: finally, there is a new satchel, a new beautiful pencil case, funny pens and pencils, fashionable rulers. The girls gladly try on new sundresses and blouses, the boys wear solid jackets and shoes. Do not deny children the pleasure - let them choose their own briefcases and stationery themselves. If the attitude to the form in most Russian schools is very strict, then you can choose pens and notebooks based on your own wishes.
- Special attention to children if they go to 1st grade or 5th. For first graders, everything is just beginning, and waiting for school may become too exciting, and for children who go to the 5th grade, difficulties are connected with the appearance of new teachers and subjects in their lives. Also it is worthwhile to especially support the child if he was transferred to a new school - in this case he is doubly harder, because even old friends will not be around. Pre-tune the child to the positive - he will definitely succeed!
- Wean the child from the TV and computer with phones - it's time to remember about the improvement of the body, outdoor games, useful activities.
- It's time to start reading books! If the child refuses to read the stories given in the school curriculum, buy him the books that he will read. Let him read at least 2-3 pages a day.
- Talk with your child more often about what he wants from school, about his fears, expectations, friends, and so on.. This will make it easier for you to “lay the straws” and prepare your child in advance for a difficult learning life.
What not to do:
- Forbid walking and meeting with friends.
- To drive a child for textbooks, contrary to his desire.
- Overload the child with lessons.
- Sharply break the usual summer mode and transfer to "strict" - with early awakening, textbooks and circles.
Do not overdo it in preparation for school! Still, the school year will begin only on September 1, do not deprive the child of the summer - send him in the right direction softly, unobtrusively, in a playful way.
The mode of the day and food in preparing the child for school after the holidays
The child is not able to "spur" himself and correct sleep and nutrition. Only parents are responsible for this moment of preparation.
Of course, it’s ideal if you can keep your child in adequate sleep for the whole summer, so that the child stays up to sleep no later than 10 in the evening.
But, as life shows, it is impossible to keep within the framework of a child whose holidays began. Therefore, it is necessary to return the child to the regime, and this should be done with minimal stress for his psyche and organism.
So, how to return a normal sleep pattern to school?
- If the child is accustomed to go to bed after 12 (hours, two ...), do not pack him forcibly at 8 pm - it is useless. Some parents think that the ideal way is to start raising the child early. That is, even when late laying - to raise at 7-8 in the morning, they say, "pereterpit, and then she will get better." Do not get better! This method - a strong stress for the child's body!
- Perfect method. We start gradually! For 2, but still better for 3 weeks, we start every night to pack a little earlier. We shift the mode back a little bit - half an hour earlier, 40 minutes, etc. It is important to raise the child earlier in the morning - for the same half hour, 40 minutes, etc. Gradually bring the regime to the natural school and hold it by any means.
- Remember that a child in elementary school just need a good sleep. At least 9-10 hours of sleep - this is a must!
- Find an incentive to wake up early. For example, some special family walks, on which the child will get up early on their own and even without an alarm clock.
- 4 hours before bedtime, exclude everything that can kill him.: noisy games, TV and computer, heavy food, loud music.
- Use better sleep aids.: a ventilated room with cool fresh air, clean linen, a walk and a warm bath before bed and warm milk with honey after it, a bedtime story (even schoolchildren like mother's tales), and so on.
- Do not let your child fall asleep under TV, music and light. Sleep should be complete and calm - in the dark (maximum small night light), without any extraneous sounds.
4-5 days before school, the child's day regimen should already fully correspond to the school mode — with lifting, charging, reading books, walking, and so on.
And what about the diet?
Usually in the summer, children eat only when they drop home between games. In any case, if nobody pushes them for lunch strictly on time.
Well, what a sin to conceal, all the full-fledged power schemes are crumbling under the onslaught of fast food, apples from the tree, strawberries from the bushes and other summer delights.
Therefore, the power mode is being adjusted simultaneously with the sleep mode!
- Immediately choose a diet that will be in school!
- By the end of August, enter vitamin complexes and special supplements that will add to the child's stamina in September, improve memory, protect against colds, which begin to "crumble" in the fall on all children.
- August is the time of fruit! Buy them more and, if possible, replace them with snacks: watermelons, peaches and apricots, apples - fill your "well of knowledge" with vitamins!
Homework for the summer and the repetition of the material - is it necessary to study during the holidays, preparing for school, and how to do it correctly?
The children, for whom September 1 is not the first time to come, must have been given homework for the summer period - references, etc.
It is important to remember this not on the 30th of August, and not even in the middle of August.
Starting from the 1st day of the last summer month, gradually do your homework.
- Take about 30 minutes a day for lessons. An hour and more is too much for a child on vacation.
- Be sure to read out loud.You can do it in the evening, while reading a book before bedtime. Ideal - reading the roles with mom or dad, it will bring you closer to the child and help overcome the "literary" fears of the school.
- If a child has new items in a new classthen your task is to prepare the child for them in general.
- Choose the same time to practice., develop the habit of the child to engage in - it's time to remember the perseverance and patience.
- Spend dictations - at least small, 2-3 lines each, so that the hand remembers what it is like to write with a pen, not a keyboard, in order to return the handwriting to the desired slope and size in order to fill the resulting spaces in spelling and punctuation.
- It will be great if you study with your child and a foreign language.Today there are many options for learning through the game, which the child will definitely like.
- If there are real problems with learning from a child, then a month before school you should attend to finding a tutor. It is advisable to find such a teacher with whom the child will be interested in studying.
- Distribute the load evenly!Otherwise, you just discourage the child from learning to hunt.
September 1 should not be the beginning of hard labor. This day the child should wait, as a holiday.
Start a family tradition - Celebrate this day with your family, and give the student gifts in connection with the new school year.