Job search is an ongoing process. Even under the condition of employment. Because a person is always looking for "where is better." More attractive options and suggestions are considered involuntarily. And in the absence of work, all means are used in the course that allow you to find your “place in the sun”.
How and where can I find a job today?
How to start a job search - tips experts
Not everyone knows that not only the right "tools" exist for job search, but also the seasonsIn connection with the change of which much is changing in the labor market:
- January to May - a period of high activity in the job market with numerous layoffs and many vacancies. Winter "hibernation" contributes to the unhurried and adequate assessment of candidates, salaries, etc.
- May to mid July- time to make decisions. Dynamic, but short period. As in the case of burning tours, during this period a lot of "hot" vacancies appear. And even a low-qualified candidate can get lucky with work if it is promising. Adaptation in a new team at this time is almost painless - there is time until autumn to join the work, understand the subtleties and find a common language with everyone.
- July to mid September - not the most successful period for job search. Although competition among candidates is lower, and the attitude towards them of leadership is more loyal.
- From mid September the most active period in the labor market begins. There are a lot of opportunities, but the screening frame is tougher.
How to start a job search?
- To start, decide on the kind of future work. and the ratio of desired vacancies with qualifications. That is, ask questions - "And what do I even know how?" and "What would I really want?".
- If you want to radically change the profession, perhaps it makes sense think about advanced training, additional courses or second education.
- Do an analysis - what professions are now in demandwhat is the average salary.
- Decide on your salary requirements, the distance of work from home. And also - what are you willing to sacrifice for good work.
- Go to the prof / consultationwhere as a result of serious testing it is possible to get information about which professions it makes sense to choose one’s own, permanent.
- Make a competent summary.
- Determined use all the "tools" for job search.
- Do not rush to the first sentence - explore all the options and highlight those that you are really interested. But do not forget that delaying the response to a vacancy means giving your potential job to another candidate.
Where to look for work: reveal secrets where people are looking for work
First of all, remember where you should not look for a job. Immediately exclude:
- Work at home. Most of these proposals are frauds with the goal of making money on unemployed people. At best, you will be offered a job with an extremely low salary. At the worst, you will lose money, which you are sure to be asked to invest "in advance" for materials.
- Recruitment agencies.You shouldn’t completely discard this option (if the search is not successful, it may be useful to you), but first you should try your luck without any other and non-repayable help. Moreover, the task of the fake recruitment agency is not to find you a job, but to get money from you.
- Ads with too attractive terms. (space salary, home environment in the team, wide opportunities for career takeoff, huge bonuses and a nice bonus - the schedule adjusts to you).
- Specialized online resources that nobody knows about. As a rule, such a site is fraudulent. And its purpose is to obtain personal data of naive applicants or outright fraud.
- Jobs with a proposal to send an entrance fee, pay for any services, take part in financial schemes or make a fairly large amount of test tasks.
- Ads on pillars and fences.
And now proceed to the study of those job search toolsthat are offered to modern applicants:
- We make a resume.
This is the first and most important step, as well as half the success. Remember the informativeness, literacy, brevity. Do you speak English? Additionally, make a summary and on it. Then you will have a chance for a vacancy in a foreign company or in a domestic one, but with broader prospects.
- We are looking for in the newspapers.
The source is universal, despite the delights of civilization. For example, "Work for you." Pros: The percentage of empty and fraudulent ads multiple times lower than on the Internet. Chance to find a lot of work. Often, newspapers are advertised by those employers who, for reasons of reason, simply do not have their own websites. Of course, it is not necessary to rely on a solid catch (any self-respecting company has its own Internet resource), but there is enough opportunity for finding a job with a “lower rank”.
- Independent search for ads with the text "Wanted ..." in their neighborhood.
Walking through your neighborhood, you can quite accidentally and sometimes quite successfully stumble upon a new job.
- We call friends and relatives.
Even if they do not immediately offer you anything interesting, they will have you in mind if an interesting vacancy appears.
- We search on the Internet.
It is desirable on sites with a good reputation. For example, "vacansia.ru" or "Job.ru". Post your resume and look for interesting vacancies.
If you have a personal website - make it your business card and do not forget to give a link to it. The employer will immediately understand how you are a promising author, web artist, photographer, etc. Is there no way to create your site? You can use the automatic template on the free "narod.ru". Place on it your portfolio, photos, the most informative information about yourself - not an album "as we came off last summer", but information that will not compromise you.
- We register on professional forums and social networks.
Promote yourself online from the right side. Perhaps the employer will find you himself.
- We get up at the labor exchange.
Not the worst option. The disadvantages are the lack of time for visits to the institution and the insufficiently wide base of employers.
- Contact the recruitment agency.
Not the first one, but one whose reputation has no black spots (make a thorough analysis, read the reviews). Solid agencies do not allow blunders. Of course, you pay for the services, but you don’t have to wait in line, you’ll not lose your resume, you’ll get the job you’re looking for and pretty quickly.
- In advance ask how you can be interviewedand how to prepare for it.
Provide yourself with recommendations - they will surely be asked.